Anyone else staying up way past their bedtimes to watch the Olympics? (I know you are, Robin - I'm right there with ya!)
My rationale is this: It's OK to miss out on several hours of sleep right now, because the summer Olympics only come along once every four years. Plus, look at all the world records (ahem, Michael Phelps) and "history-in-the-making" moments you'd be missing out on seeing firsthand. I guess it would more appropriately be called secondhand, since you're not there in person but watching it live on TV.
That last part is true for the remaining few of us who still don't have DVR. But that's for another day.
Did I mention all the "history-in-the-making" moments? Does anyone else get chills when they know one is happening?
Sleep can wait for another week and a half. Watching these athletic giants (even if they range from 4 feet to 6+ feet tall) can't.
2 comments:
how do you do those wonderful scrapbooking pages ? i just love those.. but cant for the life of me figure out how to do it ...
We have a DVR, and I have been using it the past few nights. Gymnastics starts around 11 pm or later here, and I don't want to stay up until 1 am.
I'll watch (almost) any sport, and I also get chills watching this stuff - doesn't matter the country. I almost teared up with the guy from Togo won his country's first Olympic medal ever when he got third in the kayak slalom.
Post a Comment