Thursday, June 17, 2010

Making the Cut...

I mentioned in my last post how Caleb and Logan are SO. VERY. EXCITED. about Toy Story 3 coming to the theaters this weekend. Both of them have seen the first two movies, and while Logan is certainly familiar with each movie, I believe that Caleb has them memorized. Internalized. So much so, that we have been having a similar conversation with him at bedtime for a few nights now...

It's something like this.

Caleb: I need to go through all of my toys, and give some away.
Ryan or me: Really? That might be a very good idea, you know, to give some toys that you don't play with to other boys and girls who don't have many toys. Good job, buddy.
Caleb: Yeah, I need to give some to Logan, and put some others in a yard sale.
Us: A yard sale?
Caleb: Yep. And Logan needs to give some of his toys to Toben, and put others in a yard sale too. And you and Daddy/you and Mommy don't have any toys, so Toben needs to give some of his to you. And we'll put lots of old toys in a yard sale.
Us: Okay... What toys would you put in the yard sale?
--At this point, he usually proceeds to point out nearly every toy on his shelf, explaining why he can NOT give it away or put it in the yard sale, because "so and so" gave it to him. He is amazingly accurate.--
Us: So what does that leave for the yard sale, Caleb?

These didn't make the cut. {I am actually a bit thrilled...}

Note: If you haven't seen Toy Story 2, there is a scene at the beginning when Woody and Andy's dog, Buster, save a fellow toy, Wheezy, from the yard sale. Of course that's not all that happens... but that's how Caleb has the idea of a yard sale in his mind.

2 comments:

Lori B said...

Love it! So have you seen TS3 yet? We saw it Friday and loved it!
I did have to laugh at myself a little. With my own 5-yr old version of Andy sitting on my lap towards the end, Tom had to pass a napkin over for me to dry my eyes. Goodness gracious! It's a pixar movie! :-)

Sara said...

Lori - I did the same thing!! I had Logan on my lap for the last 45 minutes or so, and the back of the poor guy's head was wet from all of my tears!! I was so puffy-eyed when I walked out of the theater!
In all fairness, I cry more often than not in Pixar movies anymore. Wall-E really got me, as did Up!!
We loved TS3. I think it's my favorite of the three! The story was awesome, the animation is unmatched ... it was a home run for us!