I could blame it on our busy days chasing three little men around, or my increasing amount of time spent on photography-related things, or Ryan's enormous workload, or or or ... But I don't believe those are to blame.
I somewhat feel a need to pull away from social media outlets - less posting, less sharing - for a myriad of reasons. I've tossed around the idea of doing away with this blog or just making it private. The downside to doing away with it is that it's been a virtual scrapbook for my little crew since Logan was about 4 months old, which means I've had this blog for about four years now. There are memories recorded here that I don't have recorded anywhere else, and I'd like to keep our memories stored somewhere other than my befuddled brain. Another downside is the fact that I absolutely love seeing what is going on with other friends and family through their blogs -- and I'd like to think that our little blog is a way for others to do the same, which would make going private a difficulty. I'm not out to make money or seek a hundred comments on my posts, as this truly is an outlet for me to share with those I love as well as keep memories intact for years to come.
I've also struggled lately with a purpose for this thing. My days are spent usually at home, caring for the boys and the house, with little adventures to run errands or do a photo session. I don't have much in the way of truly investing in many others face-to-face, so I battle with how to live a life that Jesus can really shine through. I pray that I'm able to be like Christ for my boys and my husband, as they're my primary focus in this season, but I also want other works to reflect Him too.
So, again, I apologize for the sparse posting and sharing of life and photos. I'm still here, still taking photos, still living life.
So as to not leave this post as a complete 'downer' here are a few photos from a recent adventure we took to Sky High Sports. So Much FUN! Wall to wall trampolines... even on the walls themselves!



Photos that are pretty fitting for a Leap Day. :) (Photos courtesy of my mama who manned the camera that evening - thanks Mama!)
5 comments:
Oh, this post reflects almost exactly what's been going on in my heart too! What is the purpose in my blog? I love seeing others, but also feel like I end up doing a fair amount of comparing - especially since I am not a photographer! I want my time spent well, and some days I feel like I just spent it with E and a bit with Kevin. I am wondering the balance of investing at home but also serving and giving outside of the home too. I long for kids who have a desire to serve, but they won't get that without seeing Kevin and I doing it! Lots of questions going through my mind these days ... Wish I could pop over to your house and chat with you about it over coffee and scones!
I am right there with you about blogging. Sometimes I'm just tired of putting information on the internet, but then other times I'm glad it's in a place for me to see and remember it all by. I start posts all the time and then think "do I really need to post this?" and end up just saving it as a draft. Other times I want to quit altogether. I just don't know.
Ahh, nice to know I'm not alone in my weirded-out thoughts! :) Thanks girls! (We're never really ever alone, are we? There's always someone else out there who can relate.)
Jen - PLEASE never think less of your blog or your recording of life because you're "not a photographer" (whatever) - it's all about taking down the memories. Just because many others like to take a bajillion photos and try to make something of them doesn't mean that it's for everyone. I love love love seeing the photos that you post of your daily life, and it's a joy to watch E grow through your snaps. I for one enjoy (and am often challenged by) your commentaries and posts about how to be better at X, Y, and Z, and what God is teaching you in different seasons, and recipes... OK, pretty much I stalk your blog nearly daily to see if you've put something new out there. ;) I also wish we could hop over to each others' homes for coffee and scones!! Mmmm.....
Robin - I know you've struggled with the privacy issue for a long time. I'm right there with you. Pinterest has opened my eyes to how easily it is for countless others to find their way into "my" life just by a simple click. The Mama Bear in me is starting to be a tad overprotective, but at the same time I just don't know what the balance is between sharing and sharing TOO much. I also think I'm a bit burned out on all the social media stuff. However, you're also another friend whose blog I check daily to see if there's something new there... It truly is a joy to keep up with you all through this crazy thing!! Again, wish we could do a playdate together.
I read your blog daily and I feel encouraged by your light. You are a great mother and wife and an example of true Christianity. I love your blog and I really hope you keep it up.
I have felt the same way about the privacy issue and children. But one day, our children will have their lives documented in a way that is priceless. Also, so often your words or photos touch the lives of others. I know that extended family get so much joy from reading our blog, and I am sure that yours do as well. Don't stop blogging!!! xoxo
Post a Comment