Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Naptimes...

I think there could be a country song written about naptimes with two-year-olds. Seriously.

"It's been a long day waiting
For the carpet man to show
And you've played unceasing
Now to bed you must go

Oh please shut your blue eyes
They are ever so tired
No, it's not a surprise
So please quit acting so wired..."

I never claimed to be a songwriter. Clearly.

As you can tell, it's been a battle over naptime today. Not just with Caleb - with Logan as well. Please forgive me for taking a bit of my frustrations out on this post! I think I just needed to make light of this situation! I know there are many other things out there to worry about and fret over, but today this has really gotten the best of me.

Oh, and the carpet man finally did come to give us an estimate on replacing the carpet pad in Logan's room. It was smelling a bit, shall we say, 'funky' after we finished with the ceiling repairs - and upon pulling up the carpet, a nice wet spot was calling the carpet pad home. Great. So, before we have a fuzzy colony taking residence in his floor, we're getting rid of the wet pad.

I'm sure you wanted to know that. It made your day, didn't it?

Off to calm a crying baby who refuses to take his nap...

2 comments:

Christy said...

I totally understand your "vent", I am having the same problem but during the night! Every night about 1:30 Avery gets up!

Naps during the day are "mommy" time, so it is so difficult when you lose some of that precious time! Does it remind you of conference periods when you were teaching? You rush to get everything done, and it never does!!

kelli said...

I have one that takes a nice long nap and one that bounces around his room like a marble in a box and every now and then calls downstairs, "can I come down now?!"
I hope you got more time out of yours today!