Logan turned 10 months old on Sunday, September 28th. He still does his funky little crawl all over the place, and it's usually either to find me or to get to his next 'support' - something that can support him as he stands up. I'm afraid our weeks (days?) are numbered before he's a biped like the rest of us!
Logan is our serious little guy - he doesn't smile as readily as Caleb did at this age, but boy does he have a great grin when he does! Logan is incredibly ticklish, and to me it's a thing of beauty when I can get him to giggle so hard he's doubled over in laughter! He's a sweet one - loves to cuddle, and can be so bashful at times it hurts (me). This little guy can sit and analyze something for the longest time. It always makes me wonder what he's thinking about as he is studying a pen, or a small Lego, or even our shoelaces - he'll pass them back and forth, hand to hand, give them a taste test, and look at the object from all angles. I watched him try to turn his head upside-down to look at the underside of a Matchbox car he was holding last week!
Logan still only has two teeth, and is very picky with food. A while back, we had trouble just getting him to eat the pureed baby foods, and now we're going through the same issue of transitioning him to "big people" foods. He wants nothing to do with it other than to study what we're offering him! He will get there - hopefully by his birthday he will want to dig into what we set in front of him, otherwise we'll have some sad pictures of the one-year-old who won't eat cake!
Speaking of his first birthday, I can't believe it's almost time to look at planning a little party for him. I've even been looking at cake designs that I'd like to do. Again, I just hope he wants to try the cake!
Maybe we should have a warm-up round to see if he'll eat cake. Oh wait, we will! ...his daddy turns 30 one week before his first birthday!!!


4 comments:
All Children are different. It always amazes me that parents think they wil be the same. Usually the first child will be more vocal and the second more introspective. Mostly because all they have to do to get a drink of water is to wait for the older child to ask for one and then show up. Great pictures. I have never met a one year old that wouldn't snarf chocolate cake for his birthday. (And make a picture worth framing)
MUD, Dennis Petty of Riding with MUD (Mean Uncle Denny)
I got Logan to get that deep belly baby laugh.. i cracked up.. and of course kept doing what i was doing until he didnt think it was funny anymore !! he is such a sweet baby.. and we are expecting him to walk any day !! :)
love
tracy scott
Hi Sara! Thanks for your post on our blog. And yes, I definitely remember you from A&M and I check your blog every so often when I'm looking at Kelli's. Your little guys are precious....I love having two little boys, even though I never would have imagined myself being a mom of only boys!! I'm sure it's interesting seeing how their personalities are so different as they grow....we're already seeing a little bit of that, even though Drew is only two weeks old. Hopefully he will be a little more laid back than his brother! Anyway, thanks again for your sweet note....
such a sweet little guy sara! did drew tell you that we are probably coming your way early december for a couple days??? I sure hope we get to meet him!
Post a Comment