So, I come before you in this post to ask a favor. Will you pray for me? For my family? If you are able to join with me in prayer, here are a few things I'd be very grateful for you to please lift up to Him, who is able to immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine:
- For complete healing of my body. It's been over a month now that I've dealt with a cough and a sore throat on a level that no human should ever experience. I can hardly swallow my food - even soft foods - even ice cream - and I'm hungry. Relief has been elusive, as cough drops, warm drinks like cider (sorry, I have tried so hard to like hot tea!), and medicines bring no comfort. I haven't had a full night's sleep in ... I don't know how long. As of tonight, I cannot talk. I have been to the doctor and had numerous tests run, and they've all come back "normal" - but this is most definitely not "normal". Since I'm pregnant, there are only a handful of medicines that I can safely take, so I've been advised at this point to wait it out. I'm having just a bit of trouble with that.
- For this little life I'm carrying inside me. I got sick shortly after we found out I was expecting, so for the majority of this pregnancy up to this point I've been taking some sort of medicine (antibiotics or Tylenol, specifically) on a daily basis. My OB and my doctor both say those are safe for baby, but it's still a concern to me, especially during this first trimester.
- For Caleb and Logan. One, that they will remain healthy through this. Thankfully, both of them recovered at lightning speed from their bouts of pink eye, and I would absolutely hate for them to have this, whatever this is, at some point. I'm miserable enough, and it's that sort of misery on steroids to watch your child be ill. Two, we've been having a 'tough love' sort of week with them. Logan is now off of all baby foods - if he doesn't eat what is in front of him, he only gets water to drink (not milk) and that meal is offered to him again the next mealtime. So, last night he didn't eat his dinner and this morning he was offered last night's dinner for breakfast. No fun. However, he has shown a great improvement in eating 'real' foods over the course of this week. (Yea!! By the way, this was the gameplan offered to us by our pediatrician...) For Caleb, he's been in the habit of either Ryan or I loading his fork or spoon with his next bite while he eats. This week, he's now in charge of feeding himself. After all, he's a three year old. My goodness. But, I think he's having a tougher time of transitioning than his little brother!
- For Ryan. Praise God, he has remained healthy throughout all of this! Pray that would continue to be the case for him, and for strength as he lives with and cares for a frustrated, sick, tired, pregnant wife and two little boys whose daily lives are in the midst of change.
Thank you, friends. Thanks for allowing me to be real with you, and for your prayers. I hope to write a post next Thursday sharing great news of victory over these issues!!
6 comments:
Oh you poor thing . . . moms don't get sick days. Thinking of you . . .
Hang in there, friend.
Praying for you.
:)love you lots
praying for you guys! havent seen you in a LONG while!
You most DEFINITELY have my prayers! I've had one heck of a day, buc luckily I can say I'm healthy. I remember the feeling of not being able to take meds while pregnant and I don't think I was as bad as you! Hugs & Prayers for all of you!!!
Praying for you guys!
did you go to church yesterday ? I wrote down a few things that I think might be uplifting for you..
pain is God's megaphone..
sometimes the "storm" comes from God..
God often uses crisis to "pull" us back NOT pay us back ...
a lesson learned is a lesson ended...
I am praying for you.. I pray you are healthy in body and spirit !!
Post a Comment