Tuesday, September 25, 2012

An Anchor...

A blog friend shared this song on her blog this morning, and it is so beautiful. It speaks to me on many levels this morning, but what hit me is this:

Change is a part of life. A big part. Most changes are for good, some are not, but in every change I find a part of me wants to go back -- back to what was familiar, what was predictable -- no matter if I'm excited about the change ahead or not. It's like my soul is still searching for a constant amidst the changing.

What I am just beginning to fully realize is that the Lord longs to be that anchor. That 'hope and stay.' He IS my constant, unchanging God. I have known this to be true for many, many years but somehow it's becoming true in my heart now. Maybe a new level of meaning. At any rate, He's been impressing it on my heart for the past few months.

Inspiration found in the bridge, at about the 2:30 mark. Enjoy...




No comments: