Lo's first layout! This was my favorite picture taken of him while we were in the hospital.Several have asked how I'm doing this "digital scrapbooking thing". The main program I am using is Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 (by far not the lastest on the market...it came with a scanner I purchased a couple years ago when I was doing wedding slideshows for friends. Maybe someday I'll upgrade, but for now it works for me!). I can put each element of a layout on a new, transparent, 12"x12" document and play around with the arrangement - rotating layers, adding drop shadows, adding text, changing the color/saturation of different elements, etc. If you're interested, Designer Digitals is a great website, and they even offer a tutorial in getting started. Trust me - I've read a LOT of information that is available online, and it's helped immensely. I'm still a newbie at this, but I'm having so much fun learning.
For more information, you can google "digital scrapbooking" - it's a much bigger hobby than I realized! I love looking at other people's layouts, too. Very creative!
4 comments:
love it!
now I want to see a picture of that folded left ear...
oh! I was so enthralled with the precious baby page I missed the new header!
NICE:)
I also love the new header and, at your prompting, googled digital scrapbooking and got tons of fun (FREE) new fonts for our card business! I think I am going to have to purchase a photoshop program someday soon...thanks for introducing me to this fun new hobby!
quick question though- do you just print out the pages when you are finished- or wait and send them to a printer and have the whole book sent to you bound and ready to show off??
Jord - My plan is to keep making the layouts and saving them to my computer, and after I've compiled several (25-30 or so) having them made into a bound book, like the albums you can make and have published through Shutterfly. I did this for our trip last year to Philly, and I LOVED it. I've also made a photo album for Ryan's first Father's Day (in '06) and it's a treasured keepsake around here. I love the 'finished' look the albums have about them... :)
Post a Comment