Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thoughts before bedtime...

Isn't it funny how you oftentimes get reflective when you're approaching a milestone of some sort? I will, in just 3 short days, mark the last year of my twenties, and it's got me to thinking...
  • I really want to be in shape. Not super muscle-y, but definitely toned. I ran a half-marathon in '05, and I'd like to do that again. But, that requires training, and I don't have a clue when I'd go running during the day. Maybe right now, at 10-o'clock at night?
  • I also want to be MUCH better about spending quality time in the Word every day. Right now, I have my Bible sitting on my bathroom countertop, and I'm reading through Mark while I brush my teeth/do my hair. I don't know if that qualifies as "quality" time...so I'd like to work on that.
  • I'd like a true hobby. Something that I can claim as my own. So much of my time is spent with different 'hats' on my head - the Mom Hat, the Wife Hat, the Youth Sponsor Hat, etc. that I am feeling the need for "me time". All those aforementioned hats are roles in my life that I dearly love, but for a while I've felt what can only be equated to as "creative energy" being built up inside. I have looked into several options, but unfortunately I have a lack of time and finances to devote to them. I'll keep looking, though.
  • You know those "hats" I mentioned? I would like to be better at all of them.
  • I think my 30s will be a good decade. BUT, I hope to live it up in my last year of being a twenty-something!

I might be up all night. These thoughts before bedtime have a sneaky way of doing that to me! At least it won't be a struggle to get out of bed to feed Logan when he hollers...

2 comments:

kelli said...

I am with you all the way on this one friend!
You have 10 days of being 29 before me to figure it ALL out and then let me know how it works, OK?! :)
I'm glad we can "run" this year together...even though we can't run together!

kjds said...

i love those thoughts! me too! i want to have a hobby i can love and enjoy and serve others somehow through it ... but then i feel like i only have time to make dinner, clean the house and do what's already on my plate. i also LONG to be a better wife, friend and worker. thankfully, He is able.

kevin taught me to find the time that works best in the season you are in and stick to it. he is so faithful to spend time with the Lord every morning, which has spurred me on to do the same. right now, mornings are best for both of us and i know when i get up - i get breakfast, have some of the coffee super-hub has already made for me and sit in my favorite spot in our living/dining area and read, pray, journal ... sometimes it feels like routine or just "what i do" but more days than not i have a powerful encounter with the Maker of Heaven and Earth! i am praying you will find a time that works for you and you will SEE HIS FACE as you seek Him.

love to you guys! hug those cute boys for me!