Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Calebish...

The title to this post seems like it should be some word in Yiddish. Maybe it is. That would be appropriate, considering what I'm trying to 'remember' in this entry!

It's happened several times in the past few weeks that I feel like I've been hit by a stun gun. All of these instances are because I will look at my oldest boy and think "Oh wow. He's sooo not a baby anymore!"

Caleb is now 28 months old. For those who need a translation, that's just shy of two and a half years. Halfway to being old enough to enroll in Kindergarten! He no longer sits in a high chair or booster seat (heaven forbid if you ask him to do so!), can put on his own velcro shoes thankyouverymuch, eats with a big-person fork, and is becoming more and more conversational by the nanosecond.

Which is why I want to write down some of the fun things he says - that make perfect sense to him, and sometimes to us too - before they're lost forever.

Cabee - Caleb. He will also say "Cabub" when asked the question, "What is your name?"
Buga-bees - bumblebees, or any insect in general.
Wo, or Wo-Wo, or Wogan - Logan. Also very sweet when he says...
Bubber - brother
Sprinkles - sprinkler
Cracker - any type of breakfast bar
Giraff-iss - plural 'giraffes'
Lellaphant - elephant (I guess this is fairly common, but still cute coming from your own child)
Make-up truck - pick-up truck. We have no explanation!
Toy Book - the name of the movie "Toy Story"

There are so many more - but I can't remember some of them right now! I hope to revise this list and add to it as time goes along.

This post wouldn't be complete without noting one other word... Probably our most favorite Calebish word that he has ever used is "Ta". This was the name he gave to his pacifiers when he still used them. Ryan and I referred to it as 'paci', but when he started talking a year or so ago he dubbed it "Ta". He was so adamant about the name of it that he would even correct us when we said 'paci' instead!

Curiously enough, he does not call Logan's paci "Ta".

He is growing way too fast!

Next up in the transition from babyhood to boyhood - moving to a 'big boy bed'. Look for a post on that coming this weekend!

No comments: