Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ya think?


I saw an article on msnbc.com today listing the "Sweatiest Cities in the U.S." Guess where good ol' Houston ranked? #7 out of 100! We live in the seventh sweatiest city in the U.S.A.
Honestly, I'm surprised we didn't make the top 5!
Where does your hometown (or city closest to you) rank? Just FYI, I'm a bit green with envy if you live anywhere ranked #50 or higher. Make that #10 or higher!


At any rate, here are a few things I'm thankful for this week:

1. Air conditioning. (yes, it's been listed before...but is worth mentioning again!)

2. De-regulation of energy providers, so that we can find the best rate/kwh to pay for the air conditioning!

3. Our community swimming pool.

4. A renewed enthusiasm about cooking for my family. It really does work to open a cookbook and search for a new recipe once in a while! I found a great recipe for some really yummy chicken croissant roll-up deliciousness last week - they were so good I'm making it for our youth leaders tomorrow night!

5. Fresh peaches from Fredericksburg.


Later! Those peaches are calling out to me from the fridge...

3 comments:

kjds said...

waco and oklahoma city are in the top 50 ... and colorado springs is no where in sight! amen!

Robin said...

Everywhere I have ever lived is in the top fifty. Or at least a large city near where I have ever lived. Yay.

Oh yum, I love Fredericksburg peaches!

kelli said...

Looks like we are closest to #37 here...but we too have only ever lived in top 50 locations.

I'll take a peach now.