On Monday afternoon, the boys, Na (Ada), and I went over to Meemaw's house to release some Monarch butterflies. (Meemaw is Ryan's paternal grandmother.) What a neat experience! She has a small habitat just for raising the butterflies on her property, and had called earlier that day to say there were eleven butterflies ready to be released.
It was such a great learning opportunity -- not only for the boys, but also for myself. These gorgeous insects are even more magical now after seeing them at several life stages, all in one location. We saw the caterpillars munching on the butterfly weed, several chrysalises (chrysali?) still waiting to hatch, and also the shells left behind after the butterfly emerges. An added bonus was that Meemaw got to meet our newest little butterfly, Toben.











2 comments:
Awesome!! Where can I get a butterfly habitat??
That first picture is GORGEOUS. You are really getting good with that camera, girl. Keep it up:)
I agree, awesome!! Next time you should put them on the kids nose's :). we do it in education program and it just blows them away. really fabulous to watch the awe.
Post a Comment