Toben (aka Littles, Pipsqueak, Squeaks, T, Pooter-toots...) is now over a month old! I had intended on putting a "one month" picture on here last Friday, but he was not "ready for his closeup" I guess. This one doesn't care to have his picture taken, it seems! The picture above is one of the very few I was able to get on his one month birthday. {Pardon the paci}Actually, he's either a very easy baby or a very intense and high maintenance little one. We've had some (ok, a LOT) of gas issues, and he's still a bit of a night owl. During the day, it's almost comical to remember those navy blue eyes looking up at me from a little bobble head at 3:45am, when I'm ready to go back to sleep after feeding him. Maybe that's when I should pull out the camera, huh?
At the moment, I believe Toben is in a growth spurt. I guess in all honesty the whole first year is one big growth spurt, but just in the last week his little onesies (newborn sized) have started to either fit just right or seem almost too small. His wrinkly little legs are starting to fill in, so maybe there's hope that he won't have chicken legs for too much longer!
Life with three little boys has been a tougher adjustment than I think we were prepared for it to be. Ryan and I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I don't think we anticipated being this exhausted. It would probably help if we could get some more sleep, but even at that -- it's difficult to do a great number of everyday things anymore. I'm confident that "life" will find some sort of normalcy in the future, but I'm starting to grasp that it won't be for a while yet. We're ever grateful for our parents who live close by, who can (and do!) help us out.
3 comments:
Hang in there . . .I promise as Toben grows it will get easier. Once he is sleeping through the night, your life will be so much easier. That routine will finally start to set in!
I hear that! Sleep?!?!?! What in the heck IS that?! Jonah wont even take a binkie - which can be frustrating at times, when he is screaming his head off for no apparent reason....Everyday I have to remind myself that I am ONE day closer to normal. Floors havent been swept for 10 days, laundry piles up every day, my room is in SHAMBLES...but you're right. It makes every mess, crazy, sleepy time worth it when baby looks at you with those big ol' eyes.
(At least I have someone to go crazy with! And atleast our boys are close enough in age that they will be buddies. ) :)
Hey!
He's just adorable! Whew, I bet you are busy, busy! I can only imagine how tired you must be! Hope it gets easier for you guys soon!
Post a Comment