


Of the missions surrounding San Antonio,
Concepcion is the most well-preserved. As the Park Ranger said, the greatest treasure lies inside this beautiful structure - original frescoes that have survived the Texas heat and humidity since the mid-1700's. The art combined Catholic teaching with the natives' symbols and style, making these frescoes very unique to this area.
Another fun fact: Would you believe that this mission is located in the ghetto? We're talking ghetto, folks. As in, I left absolutely nothing behind in my car, and was very happy that the Park Ranger accompanied me around this mission!
3 comments:
I built a really cool model of this mission in the 7th grade...even had a pond made out of hot glue:)
I love San Antonio -what a great place to wander around with a camera (and no stroller, diaper bag, sippy cup or dirty diaper to hold you back!)
I have to ask...was the pond of hot glue an intentional thing? :)
and a big AMEN to not having a stroller and all sorts of kiddo paraphernalia - especially along the Riverwalk! It was a great 2 days - but I was happy to see my boys when we got home.
Your trip sounded fun, and you got some really great pictures, too.
Glad you guys got a few days away!
Post a Comment