Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sheets day...


Caleb looks forward to "sheets day" every week. To him, it's a huge adventure - and little brother is quickly catching on, but doesn't fully get excited over changing the sheets on Mommy and Daddy's bed just yet!

Caleb calls it "making bubbles", because after I strip the sheets, I will take the fitted sheet and toss it up so that it creates a 'bubble' on the floor. Caleb loves to either pounce on the bubble, or sit underneath it as it gently collapses to the floor. Logan isn't too keen on the sheet bubbles just yet, but has to be nearby so that he can supervise all the action!

Usually after we've grown tired of pouncing on bubbles and making a bubble tent on the floor, it's time to play on the big bed before I make it up again. On this day, Caleb decided he wanted to be a pirate - can you see his makeshift spying glass? Oh, this one is creative!


It won't be long until he figures out that you look through the other eye in a spying glass...

3 comments:

kelli said...

Great shots!! I love these!
Those blue walls make for gorgeous photo backdrops:)

Robin said...

Cute pictures!

Maybe I should start doing the bubble thing to make changing the sheets more fun for me :)

Sara said...

Robin, it definitely helps me to enjoy changing sheets! (Did I actually say I enjoy changing sheets? Good grief...)
Just be sure you don't take a running leap onto the sheet bubble - that is one belly flop that can be seriously damaging on the floor!!