Saturday, October 25, 2008

Question...

Have you gone to vote yet?

I have. Today.

Early voting rocks. No long lines, no overly stressed election officials checking you in, no broken-down voting booths, and you can vote at any polling location in your county. (Or, at least we can here in TX.)

Go vote if you haven't yet. Go early. Get it done.

They might just give you a sticker for voting!

4 comments:

Robin said...

In 2004, the lines were so long during early voting in Humble, that we tried to vote three different times before we actually voted. We didn't want to wait in line for two hours (plus) to vote the first two times. It was ridiculous.

You can't early vote here. Boo.

Sara said...

I think we lucked out yesterday - the library where we voted closed at 5pm, but early voting extended until 7pm. I think most people thought the voting only lasted as long as the library was open...therefore we didn't have any lines at all when we went at 5:30!!
Sorry to hear you don't have early voting...yuck!

kelli said...

Planning on trying to go tomorrow...if the line looks tolerable with two kids in tow.

Robin said...

We can absentee vote, but you are supposed to have a reason to do it (like being out of town or something). I'm not sure if they actually care or not though if you just want to vote early.

Tons of people work here but they don't live here, so I think I'll be ok if I wait until election day. Especially since my voting location is within walking distance.